in accordance with applicable privacy laws (EU Regulations n. 679, 2016), we would like to take this opportunity to inform you that your personal information will be processed in an ethical and transparent manner, only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that safeguards your privacy and your rights.
Processing takes place manually and using IT tools, and is done for the following purposes:
- To obtain and confirm your booking of accommodations and other services, and to provide such services as requested. Since this processing is required to define our contractual relationship and to perform under our contract with you, your consent is not required, unless certain “sensitive” information is submitted. Should you refuse to submit your personal information, we will not be able to confirm your booking or provide you with the requested services. Processing shall cease once you check out, although some of your personal information may (or in some instances, has to) continue to be processed for the purposes and in the manner described below;
- To comply with our “Public Safety Law” (Article 109 Royal Decree n. 773, 18/6/1931) which requires that we provide identification data of our guests to the police, for purposes of public safety, in the manner established by the Ministry of the Interior (Decree of 7 January 2013). Data submission is mandatory, and does not require your consent. Should you refuse to provide such information, we will not be able to host you in our hotel. Data acquired for such purposes shall not be retained by us, unless you provide consent to their retention as required under point 4, infra;
- To comply with applicable administrative, accounting, and tax regulations. For these purposes, your consent is not required. Personal information is processed by us and our persons in charge of data processing, and is disclosed outside the company only when and if required by law. Should you refuse to submit the required data for the above purposes, we will not be able to provide you with the requested services. Data acquired for such purposes is retained by us for the required statutory period (10 years – or longer, in case of tax audits);
- To speed-up check-in on your next visit to our hotel. For such purposes, upon obtaining your consent (which can be revoked at any moment), your information will be retained for a maximum of 1 year, and will be used the next time you are our guest, for the reasons listed supra;
- To allow you to receive messages and telephone calls during your stay. Your consent is required for such purposes. You can revoke your consent at any time. Such processing, where consent is granted, shall end when you check out;
- To send you advertising messages and updates on special rates and promotions. For this purpose, upon obtaining your consent, your information shall be retained for a maximum of __ (inserire un termine), and will not be disclosed to third parties. You may revoke your consent at any moment;
- For purposes of protecting persons, property, and company assets, using a video-surveillance system for some areas of the hotel, which are duly identified by signage. Your consent is not required for such processing because it is conducted pursuant to our legitimate interest to safeguard persons and property against potential violence, theft, robbery, damage, and vandalism. Surveillance is also conducted for purposes of fire prevention and occupational safety and health. Recorded images are erased after 24 hours, except on holidays or other days the business is closed; images are never retained for more than one week. These images are not subject to third-party disclosure, except as required to comply with a specific investigatory demands from a court or the police.
We also would like to inform you that the European Regulation grant you certain rights, including rights of access to, adjustment, erasure, limitation of, or objection to the processing of your data, as well as data portability rights, when and insofar as applicable (Articles 15-22 of the EU Regulations n. 679, 2016). You can also file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, according to the procedures set forth under applicable regulations.
For any other concern, and to assert your rights under the EU Regulation, please contact: Caterina Zannini – Santa Croce 729/A I-30135 Venezia, Italy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment (usually to the user’s browser) by visited websites; they are stored in the user’s terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user’s subsequent visits to those websites. When navigating a website, a user may happen to receive cookies from other websites or web servers, which are the so-called “third party” cookies. This happens because the visited website may contain items such as images, maps, sound files, links to individual web pages on different domains that are located on servers other than the one where the page being visited is stored.
Cookies are used for several purposes ranging from IT authentication to the monitoring of browsing sessions up to the storage of specific information on user configurations in accessing a given server, and so on.
Cookies can remain in the system for long periods and may also contain a unique identifier. This allows sites that use them to keep track of the user’s navigation within the site, for statistical purposes or advertising, that is, to create a custom profile to the user from the visited pages and then show targeted ads (i.e. Behavioural Advertising).
Types of cookies used
lhostinvenice.it uses partner for statistical data, such as Google Analytics, to collect statistical and analytical data about the use of the website by its visitors. For example, these partners collect and compile data on page views on the search engines and keywords they used to find your site, on the links which are accessible from the site, and other similar data. These statistics are not used to track user activity on other websites.
Third parties content
lhostinvenice.it and its subdomains may contain embedded widget from third parties, such as Google AdSense to show you targetized advertising. By viewing this content or using these widgets, the user could accept cookies from the websites that contain them. These cookies are not under our control and to obtain additional information, you should consult the website of the third party in question.
User’s choices with respect to cookies
lhostinvenice.it recommends not to restrict or block cookies: in doing so, the functionality of our website may not be optimal. However, if you choose to do so, you must consider the following.
The Help menu in the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how it is possible not to accept cookies, how to receive a warning from your browser when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete or disable cookies altogether. In the following you will find detailed information for the major browsers.
To block Google Analytics cookies, please visit: Google Analytics opt-out page.
Third parties cookies
To block Google AdSense cookies, please visit: Google AdSense opt-out page
Detailed information about cookies can be found also on the dedicated Wikipedia page.
For information about the cookies stored on your terminal and to turn them on and off individually, please see Your online choices